Wednesday, August 13, 2008

To Succeed In Life: Look Good.

Remember that cute little face that you saw Friday night? Well, that's just it, she's cute and she can't sing. The girl on the right is the actual voice / talent of the opening ceremony anthem sung during the Olympics. Apparently she was not "cute" enough to be shown in front of the world, who we assume is so shallow. I think it's pretty messed up, this was an order a high ranking official. I am glad that they came out with the truth, because the actual singer has talent and that should be known to the world. It's not about looking good dammit! China is trying to aim for perfection... and the truth reveals. Maybe I don't feel so bad about Spain's racist advertisement now, because everyone is doing awful things. What else is China hiding? First was the fake fireworks that were created for on screen only, now this lip-synching fiasco. Where does it end?

Source: MSNBC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I read about it this morning.
kinda messed up...

JHsu said...

Reminds me of that korean movie "200 pound beauty".

I think using rendered fireworks is understandable especially with something that large, but yeah I definitely see how they are really pushing this image. I guess from all the pressure of giving China a new image.

Though you gotta hand it to China for that opening ceremony, what was it, like 15k+ involved? That was tight...