Thursday, November 20, 2008

To Train, Or To Not Train... That Is The Question!

Looks like those poor folks over at the M.T.A are proposing a decrease in service and increase in fares, sounds fair (no pun). Do we really need both solutions to get M.T.A back into the swing of things? Maybe I would accept easily with either a price increase, or service cut, but both? Come on, they are just being greedy now!
23% increase by June 2009, and another 5% by 2010. I don't even want to look at the numbers. Trains are already jam packed as is during rush hours, if anything they should be adding a couple more trains during those times. I'm starting to think paying for gas and driving into the city would be more financially reasonable, eh, who am I kidding? I'll probably end up on a Razor or roller-blades.
In addition to all of this, they announced they will be cutting 2,700 jobs saving $261 million. Well shit, if cutting that little amount of jobs will save THAT much, obviously the problem isn't the fees or services, it's the dam employees getting paid way too much! That comes out to about 96K per person, I hope those aren't yearly salaries, or I just may have been looking in the wrong place for a career.

Source: NY Times

No comments: