Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Only Event Worth Standing In The Cold For On Halloween!

BOO!
In a couple of days darkness will reign for the entire day, while ghouls and ghosts are out and about. Halloween, such a sweet frightening holiday!
There are things you can't miss on this day:
Candy (for the little ones), and the Annual Halloween Parade in NYC (for the ones who grew out of trick-or-treating / hates going to the dentist).
I accidentally stumbled upon this fantastic event 2 years ago while walking around the city after work, I saw a bunch of Police barricades so I was curious. After asking around and finding out about the parade, I stood there by myself for about 2 hours to watch the whole thing. The entire time I was amazed and excited to see how creative and intricate everyone's costumes were. From huge floats and multi-human costumes, to crazy people running around half-naked, you're bound to see something you're "into".
The parade runs for a good amount of blocks, but don't be fooled, this event gets jam packed. Getting there an hour early is the safest bet to get a good spot right at the front. I will be going straight after work and probably standing near the entrance of the parade so I can see everything and leave to get my drink on!
I highly recommend anyone to definitely stop by and take a peek, it's a massive event with pretty much the whole city attending! I CAN'T WAIT!
Here are some photos of last years fright night:





Parade Info:
6th Avenue from Spring Street to 21st Street from 7 - 10 p.m.

Sources: Halloween-nyc / More Photos

No comments: